We threw a fantastic ocean-themed baby shower for my friend Kim recently– here’s a sneak peek!
I actually had to miss the party since I caught the flu, but I am pleased with how everything turned out, and most of all with how happy it made Kim! I’ll share more details on the shower soon, but I wanted to share a fun and flexible baby shower activity idea with you: Baby’s First Alphabet Book!
I first saw this at my friend Wendy’s baby shower, and quickly made a template to use for another shower I hosted. Isn’t it cute? I like this idea because you can easily adapt it to any shower theme. For Kim’s shower this past weekend, we used the template to make an ocean-themed book, and here are some of the fun images guests came up with:
I could see this working really well for an animal-themed shower, ocean-themed shower, bug-themed, monster-themed… ABC-themed (haha obviously), or just about anything you want.
It doesn’t even have to go with a theme. It’s just a fun way to get guests involved in creating something that Baby can treasure for years to come! Keep this handy for the next time you’re on the shower-planning team– I think the mom, baby, and family will love it!
How to make an ABC book activity station for a baby shower:
1. Print up template onto cardstock.
2. Cut each sheet of paper in half, and put in alphabetical order.
3. Lay out papers and markers on a table, with one of the pages finished as a sample for guests.
4. Allow guests to choose letters and draw pictures to go with it, writing the name of the object in the space at the bottom.
5. After the party, bind the pages together using binding rings or other binding mechanisms (teachers with access to binding machines = win).
6. Give it to the happy mother-to-be!
Another option is to trim the pages into 4″x6″ sheets (it should barely fit) and place them into sleeves of a portrait 4″x6″ photo album. You can add in photos from the party at the end to fill up any extra space.
Simple, super cute, and fun! 🙂